Botswana is a land of dramatic contrasts - from the crystal-clear waters of the Okavango Delta to the large elephant herds in the Chobe National Park and the desert-like landscape of Savute. Blessed with some of Africa's most beautiful subtropical wilderness reserves and an array of African wildlife, Botswana is an unforgettable safari destination.
The Okavango Delta is a magical oasis - water in the desert is a truly spectacular sight. The wide, grassy floodplains are host to a magnificent array of wild animals, including the specially adapted sitatunga and lechwe antelopes. Chobe National Park is famed for having Africa's largest single concentration of elephant, while Moremi Game Reserve is renowned for its brilliant birdlife.
Nowhere else on the planet can you float through reeded islands in a dugout canoe while around you antelope splash through the crystal clear waters of the Okavango Delta. Yet Botswana also offers excellent landbased game viewing. The Chobe National Park is home to the world's largest herds of elephant and offers regular sightings of predators, and rare and endangered animals.
There is something for everyone in Botswana - photographers will seek out the glowing red dunes of the Kalahari Desert and birdwatchers will flock to the Moremi Game Reserve.
Highlights of a Botswana safari
- Vast stretches of untouched, unfenced wilderness with unrivalled game viewing
- One of the largest game populations in Southern Africa
- A mokoro (dugout canoe) ride on the crystal waters of the Okavango Delta is unforgettable
- View Botswana's annual zebra migration
Why travel to Botswana?
- Witness the annual zebra migration in Savute and Linyanti
- Home to the world's largest inland delta, the Okavango Delta
- The largest elephant herds in the world in Chobe National Park
- Big Five animals, including rare and endangered African wild dog
- Over 600 indigenous bird species
- Over 3 500 San rock paintings at the World Heritage Site of the Tsodilo Hills
Tented Camps & Safari Lodges in Botswana
- Chobe National Park
- Linyanti Wildlife Reserve
- Moremi Game Reserve
- Okavango Delta
- Savute Game Reserve